We hope these provided resources help assist you and your students navigate their educational, personal, social, and emotional needs at Lisbon Central School and beyond. Please don't hesitate to contact our School Counselor, Mrs. Morse, at [email protected] or visit the LCS School Counseling webpage should you need any assistance or need further information regarding the resources shared.
FROM THE DISTRICT TRAUMA-SENSITIVE TEAM (DTST)
The District Trauma-Sensitive Team (DTST) is composed of educators that have volunteered to deliver trauma-informed education and support to the Lisbon Central School District.
The DTST is sharing information with students and families regarding social-emotional skills, tips to prevent academic regressions, and self-care to help students remain mentally healthy over summer vacation.
The St. Lawrence County Youth Bureau offers free programming throughout the county for students in grades 6-12. Stay involved by reading their monthly newsletter and calendar of events:
- 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
- Available 24 hours a day/ 7 days a week
- No phone plan? The Linked website also has a 24/7 Chat feature!
- Text HOME to 741741 from anywhere, anytime, about any type of crisis
- A live, trained crisis counselor will receive the text and respond, help you through a time of crisis, and can link you to needed resources
- Call 315-265-2422 to reach a local counselor 24 hours a day/7 days a week
- 24/7 Help for LGBTQ Youth
- TrevorLifeline: 1-866-488-7386
- For crisis intervention and suicide prevention available 24/7
- Confidential instant messaging with a counselor available 24/7 at the above link
- Text START to 678-678
- Confidential Text messaged with a counselor available 24/7
SOCIAL-EMOTIONAL COUNSELING RESOURCES
Below are some resources found to be very helpful for students to utilize to process their emotions and learn about various coping skills. If you'd like to learn more about a certain topic, please stop down to the Counseling Office to ask Mrs. Morse!